Help students master music theory, music history, listening and appreciation while building their own colourful music reference book. Designed as an ongoing music project, this activity book has students ‘building’ their own musical reference book!
This engaging project book includes several helpful sections:
- Music Dictionary Pages: With lots of space, this section lets students record all their new music terms as they learn them. With several sub-sections for words relating to tempo, dynamics, signs & symbols, mood, style, etc. The colourful and engaging layout makes it easy to use and helps students sort, understand and remember each definition.
- ‘Composition Profile’ Music Appreciation & Listening: This section is custom designed to help students journal their listening experiences. What a great way for them to learn to listen and enjoy music, and process what they are hearing, and appreciate how the composer has created it!
- ‘Elements of Music’ Vocab: A comprehensive vocabulary section gives students the language they need to describe music as they experience it through listening and playing. You will find definitions for all the important ‘elements of music’ here. Equip students with the vocabulary they need to build a deeper appreciation of music.
- ‘Composer Profile‘: As your students play music by different composers, encourage them to get to know each composer better! When they learn more about each composers life and music, they can record all the important details here. Great for all composers and genres!
- ‘My Compositions’: This is a handy section where students will record their own musical creations. Use this section for writing snippets of melody and harmony composition. It’s also great for theory exercises, and writing down students’ own complete musical creations!
Recent research shows that students tend to retain more of their learning experiences by using pencil and paper. Of course, music is no exception to this. This ‘Do-it-Yourself’ creative project book is an easy way to harness the advantages of ‘pencil and paper’ learning!
This set is versatile and easy to use. TWO versions are included here, one for younger students and one for older students. The internal content is the same in both books, but the artwork is adapted throughout to be age appropriate. In addition to this, as this project book was originally designed as part of our ‘MuZikaalia Quest’ bundle, this set includes an alternate cover page, for those not using MuZikaalia.
Take a look through both versions:
Giving students a good understanding of musical vocabulary, theory, appreciation, history & listening skills is so important. Make music theory, history and listening fun, and turn students into well-rounded young musicians!
This ‘Build a Reference Book’ resource set is available immediately by digital download – Print & play today:
Note – These ‘Student Activity Workbooks’ are also included in our MuZikaalia Resources Pack:
If you already have the MuZikaalia Resources Pack, you will not need to buy this listing, as it is included in that pack too.
All these materials are available immediately, by digital download, from your customer account dashboard. And don‘t forget, we maintain all your ’88 Musical Keys’ resources, in your own private, Customer Dashboard…for free. Purchase once, and you can download, print and use it ANY time – including any file upgrades we add!
Licensing – For great value, all options here include a Single Teacher Studio License:
You may print these activities, games, music, cards and posters for all the students you teach directly and personally, for your lifetime! (Music schools with multiple teachers will need to purchase a copy for each teacher using this material, of course. Contact us if you need a ‘multiple teacher’ license.)
How to Download:
We recommend downloading these resources using a computer (rather than a phone or other device) to make it quick and easy, and a hard-wired internet connection will make it faster, of course. Print it yourself, or take it to a print shop. In either case, the PDF files are set up ready to print on both sides of the page, giving the flashcards, games, worksheet activities and kits a professional presentation. Printing and playing instructions for all resources are included!
All our download files are in PDF format, ready to save, print and use. When printing, we recommend using either Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) PDF software, or ‘Nitro PRO’ software, to open & print our PDF resources. You can also open our PDF files using Google Chrome, and print directly from there. (Other PDF software may or may not print as reliably as these 3 options for our files.)
Unzipping’ Bundled Files:
Some files, especially our ‘bundles’ are in zipped folders to make them compact and easier to transfer. To unzip these you can download a free program HERE
‘Online & On-Device’ teaching resources:
Our ‘online’ and ‘on-device’ teaching resources, such as tutorials, slideshows and online/digital games, will be saved directly to your Google Drive, ready for you to use whenever needed.
We especially appreciate 5 star ratings, so if you purchase this product and have any concerns that may lower your rating, please contact us and we will endeavour to rectify any problem!
If you have any questions, please check the FAQ’s at the bottom of our HOME page. If your question is not answered there, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – Thank you!