Frederic Francois Chopin – A favourite of music lovers around the world!
Help students gain a deeper appreciation and understanding of the man, his times, and his magical music. Delve into one of the greatest composers of the Romantic Period. Make music history accessible and enjoyable!
This slideshow presentation gives you a comprehensive overview, including:
- Background about the musical life of the 1800’s, the development of the piano, and other important influences on Chopin.
- Further information specific to Chopin’s life and musical career.
- A focus on musical listening and appreciation, with several further slides giving information and extensive listening opportunities about each of Chopin’s main genres.
- ‘Click the Button’ links to 21 different video performances of a variety of Chopin’s works, performed by concert pianists from a wide range of backgrounds and eras, and in many different venues.
- ‘Click the Button’ links to 4 engaging ‘mini-documentary’ videos, creating further opportunity for learning about Chopin’s life, times and musical influences, at the click of a button.
- Topic Vocabulary list, to help students understand any terms specific to this topic.
- Quality graphics and design to make it interesting and engaging.
- All slides are printable, if you wish to have a paper copy for review.
- Suitable for a wide range of students – from late elementary to advanced. There is much information included, but you choose how much you want to present, depending on the level of the students.
- Use this interactive presentation to inspire students, or at a deeper level to help them prepare for music history exams, and the general knowledge component of their instrumental exams – over 100+ hours of research, preparation, layout and design is all done so you can relax and enjoy teaching!
- Built in Google Slides, making it easy to use from on any of your devices or computer
Take a look through the slideshow:
Add on the Chopin Worksheet:
- Enables students to build their own summary of Chopin, his life, times and musical achievements
- Encourages them to think about the facts and ideas presented in the slideshow
- Helps them dig a little deeper and connect Chopin’s music to the Romantic Style
- Great for class tuition – an easy way to assist student preparation for music tests – appropriate for ages 12+
- Ideal to help students prepare for the general knowledge requirement of an instrumental exam
Take a look through both pages:
Both the Slideshow and the Worksheet includes Studio Licence – Buy once and use it with all your own students that you teach personally. (Music schools will need to buy one copy for each teacher using this slideshow.)
Are you looking for printed project material to accompany your students Chopin studies? Watch this space! ‘The Chopin Project’ is coming very soon. Our Composer Project Kits are ideal for ages 8 to 16
If you like teaching music history, you may also like our activity pack ‘The Haydn Project’ – Great for both in-person and distance teaching.
We especially appreciate 5 star ratings, so if you purchase this product and have any concerns that may lower your rating, please contact us and we will endeavour to rectify any problem!
All our download files are in PDF format, ready to save, print and use. Some files, especially our ‘bundles’ are in zipped folders to make them compact and easier to transfer. To unzip files you can download a free program HERE Our ‘online’ and ‘on-device’ teaching resources, such as tutorials, slideshows and online/digital games, will be saved directly to your Google Drive. If you have any questions, please check the FAQ’s at the bottom of our HOME page. If your question is not there, you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!