Frederic Francois Chopin – A favourite of music lovers around the world!
Help students gain a deeper appreciation and understanding of the man, his times, and his magical music. Delve into one of the greatest composers of the Romantic Period. Make music history accessible and enjoyable!
This slideshow presentation gives you a comprehensive overview, including:
- Background about the musical life of the 1800’s, the development of the piano, and other important influences on Chopin.
- Further information specific to Chopin’s life and musical career.
- A focus on musical listening and appreciation, with several further slides giving information and extensive listening opportunities about each of Chopin’s main genres.
- ‘Click the Button’ links to 21 different video performances of a variety of Chopin’s works, performed by concert pianists from a wide range of backgrounds and eras, and in many different venues.
- ‘Click the Button’ links to 4 engaging ‘mini-documentary’ videos, creating further opportunity for learning about Chopin’s life, times and musical influences, at the click of a button.
- Topic Vocabulary list, to help students understand any terms specific to this topic.
- Quality graphics and design to make it interesting and engaging.
- All slides are printable, if you wish to have a paper copy for review.
- Suitable for a wide range of students – from late elementary to advanced. There is much information included, but you choose how much you want to present, depending on the level of the students.
- Use this interactive presentation to inspire students, or at a deeper level to help them prepare for music history exams, and the general knowledge component of their instrumental exams – over 100+ hours of research, preparation, layout and design is all done so you can relax and enjoy teaching!
- Built in Google Slides, making it easy to use on any of your devices or computer
Take a look through the slideshow:
Add on the Chopin Worksheet:
- Enables students to build their own summary of Chopin, his life, times and musical achievements
- Encourages them to think about the facts and ideas presented in the slideshow
- Helps them dig a little deeper and connect Chopin’s music to the Romantic Style
- Great for class tuition – an easy way to assist student preparation for music tests – appropriate for ages 12+
- Ideal to help students prepare for the general knowledge requirement of an instrumental exam
Take a look through both pages:
Both the Slideshow and the Worksheet includes Studio Licence – Buy once and use it with all your own students that you teach personally. (Music schools will need to buy one copy for each teacher using this slideshow.)
Are you looking for printed project material to accompany your students Chopin studies? Watch this space! ‘The Chopin Project’ is coming very soon. Our Composer Project Kits are ideal for ages 8 to 16
If you like teaching music history, you may also like our activity pack ‘The Haydn Project’ – Great for both in-person and distance teaching.
All our materials are available immediately, by digital download, from your customer account dashboard. And don‘t forget, we maintain all your ’88 Musical Keys’ resources, in your own private, Customer Dashboard…for free. Purchase once, and you can download, print and use it ANY time – including any file upgrades we add!
Licensing – For great value, all options here include a Single Teacher Studio License:
You may print 88 Musical Keys activities, games, music, cards and posters for all the students you teach directly and personally, for your lifetime! (Music schools with multiple teachers will need to purchase a copy for each teacher using this material, of course. Contact us if you need a ‘multiple teacher’ license.)
How to Download:
We recommend downloading these resources using a computer (rather than a phone or other device) to make it quick and easy, and a hard-wired internet connection will make it faster, of course. Print it yourself, or take it to a print shop. In either case, the PDF files are set up ready to print on both sides of the page, giving the flashcards, games, worksheet activities and kits a professional presentation. Printing and playing instructions for all resources are included!
All our download files are in PDF format, ready to save, print and use. When printing, we recommend using either Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) PDF software, or ‘Nitro PRO’ software, to open & print our PDF resources. You can also open our PDF files using Google Chrome, and print directly from there. (Other PDF software may or may not print as reliably as these 3 options for our files.)
Unzipping’ Bundled Files:
Some files, especially our ‘bundles’ are in zipped folders to make them compact and easier to transfer. To unzip these you can download a free program HERE
‘Online & On-Device’ teaching resources:
Our ‘online’ and ‘on-device’ teaching resources, such as tutorials, slideshows and online/digital games, will be saved directly to your Google Drive, ready for you to use whenever needed.
We especially appreciate 5 star ratings, so if you purchase this product and have any concerns that may lower your rating, please contact us and we will endeavour to rectify any problem!
If you have any questions, please check the FAQ’s at the bottom of our HOME page. If your question is not answered there, please email us at email@example.com – Thank you!