Help your students MASTER intervals on keyboard, BOOST keyboard geography, and IMPROVE sight reading, with these TWO versatile and fun Detective Games.
Intervals are the basic building blocks of melody and harmony so recognising intervals visually – both on the staff and on the keyboard – is an important skill for students to master. Fluency with music intervals helps budding musicians improve intervallic sight reading, understand keyboard geography, and boost music theory skills!
This game set gives gives you two fun games to help students understand, measure, write & read musical intervals. Additionally, it also incorporates kinaesthetic, visual and auditory learning. The Card Game Sets are ideal to use in one-on-one music lessons. You can use them as a lesson starter or as a change of activity half way through! The Board Game Set extends on the Card Games, giving lots of fun repetition for optimal learning. Ideal for group class or ‘Piano Party’ events, and it can also be played with just student and teacher in lesson time.
With the ‘COMPLETE Interval Detective Card Game AND Board Game Bundle’ you get:
- All 3 levels of the original ‘Interval Clue Cards’: Beginner, Elementary AND Intermediate levels. That’s a total of 144 challenge cards, and since each card has 5 interval clues this gives you over 700 music interval quiz questions
- The full size Game Board: Make the game board large, medium, or small, you can set the size you want in your printer properties
- Player Tokens and ‘Detective Kit’ Cards – Colourful and fun! All ready to print and play.
- Rules & set-up instructions for all the Card Games – Easy to play in one-on-one lesson times
- Rules & set-up instructions for the Board Game: Print and play rules so students can easily set it up themselves and play it as a group, therefore making it flexible to use in different learning environments.
- A mini ‘white board’ for each of the 3 levels – These cute ‘whiteboards’ are ready to print and laminate. Useful with both the card games and board game
- Personal Best ‘High Score’ Boards for each student to tally up their best scores over several weeks – a great way to set longer term goals for improvement.
- Three colourful ‘official’ Certificates of Achievement’ – one for each level. Challenge students to collect all three certificates!
- Teacher ‘helper key’ page included with level 3, so it’s easy to check student’s answers
- Immediate availability by digital download from your customer dashboard. All the prep work, layout, and graphic design is done so you can just print and play. Print it yourself or take it to a print shop – Printing instructions are all included
- Studio Licence – allows you to print these cards for all your own students, for at home practice, if needed
The original Card Game Set itself has three levels. This allows students to focus on interval measuring skills firstly for beginners, and then also for elementary and intermediate students. Each level includes:
- 48 ‘Interval Clue Cards’ in each level
- Each of these cards has 5 interval clues to find the ‘missing note’. This gives plenty of fresh challenges and lots of revision – with over 700 interval questions
- Intervals included are both ascending and descending, reinforcing the concept of the ‘high’ and ‘low’ notes, and contour in music.
- The artwork is bright, colourful and engaging – capturing students’ attention and making it feel like a ‘real’ game
- A mini ‘white board’ ready to print, laminate and use with the game. Using the whiteboard helps students connect the ‘keyboard geography’ of physical intervals on the keyboard to written music notation. A great tool to improve sight reading!
- Personal Best ‘High Score’ Board for each level: Give every student their own copy to keep, or display them around the room. Make it competitive or non-competitive, you choose.
- A colourful ‘official’ certificate of achievement that you can award to students who master 30+ cards. Especially great to build confidence AND motivation.
- Everything is immediately available in your customer dashboard. This digital download is ready to print and play. All the printing instructions and game rules are included!
Great for Music Theory – the concept of intervals is very important across all syllabi for grades 1 to 4
Level 1 is ideal for beginners, and uses intervals 2nds, 3rds, 4ths, and 5ths…
Take a look through the Level 1 Set:
Level 2 is great for elementary students, and extends interval concepts from 2nds, 3rds, 4ths, 5ths, to 6ths, 7ths, and 8ves…
Take a look through the Level 2 Set:
Level 3 is good for intermediate students, and uses all intervals up to an octave, also adding in interval ‘quality’, ie, major intervals, minor intervals, and perfect intervals…
Take a look through the Level 3 Set:
Use the Board Game Kit to make these cards more versatile and include group classes…
Check out the Board Game extension kit:
Versatile Purchase Options:
- BIG BUNDLE – Save 15% – This option includes everything here – ALL three Card Game sets, Certificates, ‘Whiteboard’ printables, the personal best score boards, AND the Board Game extension kit – All with Studio Licence – Use it with all the students that you teach directly
- CARD GAME SET – Save 10% – This option includes ALL three card game sets, Certificates, ‘whiteboard’ printables, & Personal Best score board – All with Studio Licence – Use it with all the students that you teach directly
- Alternatively, you can just get each level separately – Each level is available individually, as is the board game extension kit, and these also include Studio License.
Studio Licence included:- Great value – Buy once and print it for all your own students forever! (Studios with multiple teachers will need to purchase a digital copy for every teacher using this game.)
Print it yourself, or take it to a stationery shop. We have designed all the files in a ready-to-print format – Printing Instructions and Game Playing Rules are all included. And the best thing about buying a Studio Licensed product, is that when the cards start to look a bit worn, you can easily get a fresh new set, without having to buy it all again!
Looking for more interval and pitch reading resources? Check out the links below
We especially appreciate 5 star ratings, so if you purchase this product and have any concerns that may lower your rating, please contact us and we will endeavour to rectify any problem!
All our download files are in PDF format, ready to save, print and use. Some files, especially our ‘bundles’ are in zipped folders to make them compact and easier to transfer. To unzip these you can download a free program HERE Our ‘online’ and ‘on-device’ teaching resources, such as tutorials, slideshows and online/digital games, will be saved directly to your Google Drive. If you have any questions, please check the FAQ’s at the bottom of our HOME page. If your question is not there, you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!