Music intervals – the building blocks of music! Colourful posters are a fun way to remind students of such important information, and encourage intervallic sight reading.
Understanding music intervals is an important part of helping students become fluent in the language of music. In particular, it improves intervallic sight reading skills, music theory, and playing by ear.
This set includes two colourful posters demonstrating the two basic concepts necessary to understand musical intervals:
- The first poster demonstrates how intervals are numbered. Students will learn how to ‘count’ the size of an interval; which intervals have two notes on a line or two notes on a space; and which intervals have both a line and a space note.
- The second poster demonstrates how students can work out the ‘quality’ of an interval – namely, major, minor and perfect intervals
- Colourful cartoons engage students’ attention, and teach the main concepts.
- Each poster comes in three sizes. Firstly, use the larger ones for room display, and secondly use the smaller ones as a student ‘handout’, to help them remember the important points
- Immediate digital download available from your customer account dashboard – Ready to print and display.
Take a look:
Studio Licence:- Buy once and you can download and print them for all your own students, that you personally teach, for a lifetime. (Studios with multiple teachers will need to purchase a digital copy for every teacher using this project.)
Are you looking for more resources to teach interval recognition and naming? You may also like our Go FISH! Card Game Bundle – check it out HERE – which this poster set is also included in!
Do you need to help students connect intervals with KEYBOARD GEOGRAPHY? It’s a great way to improve sight reading fluency too – Check out our Interval Detective Card Games AND Board Game – check it out HERE
We especially appreciate 5 star ratings, so if you purchase this product and have any concerns that may lower your rating, please contact us and we will endeavour to rectify any problem!
All our download files are in PDF format, ready to save, print and use. Some files, especially our ‘bundles’ are in zipped folders to make them compact and easier to transfer. To unzip these you can download a free program HERE Our ‘online’ and ‘on-device’ teaching resources, such as tutorials, slideshows and online/digital games, will be saved directly to your Google Drive. If you have any questions, please check the FAQ’s at the bottom of our HOME page. If your question is not there, you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!