Do your students find aural perception tedious or baffling? Well surprise them with these fun, comprehensive ear training games for interval recognition!
These two ear training games are designed to build & strengthen aural perception skills. These games give plenty of fun repetition for drilling ALL 24 intervals from the major, minor and chromatic scales. They cover both ascending and descending intervals. Especially useful, you can target the skills you want to teach. Flexible game style – from Beginners to Advanced. Start out with easier intervals, and as students progress, add in more…and more…and more!
Both games include everything you will need – just print, set up & play!
- Bright and colourful – Kid friendly – Ready for you to Print and Play!
- The songs used here are classics of different genres – they are familiar and above all easy to learn and remember
- For easy learning, both games use the same songs – make ear training memorable.
- Simple or Challenging – you decide which intervals will be included – excellent with a range of ages & abilities.
- Teacher info & instructions included, to help you set it up & teach it easily.
- The games cover 24+ intervals found in Western chromatic harmony – a simple and effective way for ear training intervals.
- Use them in class, or in a private lesson – Name that song can have up to 6 players, and Hop It to the Lily Pad is one-on-one tuition.
- Handouts – This game includes a set of student reference aural interval ‘reminder’ cards that you can print out and give to your students
These games are a sneaky and fun way to help students learn & revise their aural intervals…
Great for test preparations! These games build on our ‘Aural Interval Recognition’ sheet, which is also included in this package. Each of the intervals from the major, minor & chromatic scales (both up & down), is related to a classic song, to make it easy & fun for students to remember. Make ear training fun!
Take a Look Inside Both Games:
Why teach ear training? Being able to easily recognise intervals by ear will help students gain ability as musicians. And it also improves their song writing, sight singing, composition, melody dictation, and playing by ear skills.
Aural work is required in many instrumental exam systems around the globe:
- Australian Music Exam Board (AMEB) instrumental & vocal exams have an aural section which requires aural interval recognition for grades 3, 4. 5 & 6.
- AMEB Musicianship exams require interval recognition for grades 4, 5 & 6.
- Trinity College instrumental/vocal exams test aural interval recognition in grades 3 & 4.
- Senior high school music often requires interval recognition and melodic dictation work.
Purchase once and print it forever, to use with all the students that you teach personally. (Studios with multiple teachers will need to buy a digital copy for each teacher.)
Note – this set is already marked down 10% so you don’t need to worry about remembering a discount code!
What is an interval? Teach students how to recognise intervals in music theory: Check out the fun ‘Go Fish!’ Interval GAME Set Includes posters and games – Great for beginner to intermediate levels.
All our materials are available immediately, by digital download, from your customer account dashboard. And don‘t forget, we maintain all your ’88 Musical Keys’ resources, in your own private, Customer Dashboard…for free. Purchase once, and you can download, print and use it ANY time – including any file upgrades we add!
Licensing – For great value, this set includes a ‘Single Teacher Studio License’:
With our ‘Studio License’ resources you may print 88 Musical Keys activities, games, music, cards, music practice resources, and posters for all the students you teach directly and personally, for your lifetime! (Music schools with multiple teachers will need to purchase a copy for each teacher using this material, of course. Contact us if you need a ‘multiple teacher’ license.)
How to Download:
We recommend downloading these resources using a computer (rather than a phone or other device) to make it quick and easy, and a hard-wired internet connection will make it faster, of course. Print it yourself, or take it to a print shop. In either case, the PDF files are set up ready to print on both sides of the page, giving the flashcards, games, worksheet activities and kits a professional presentation. Printing and playing instructions for all resources are included!
All our download files are in PDF format, ready to save, print and use. When printing, we recommend using either Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) PDF software, or ‘Nitro PRO’ software, to open & print our PDF resources. You can also open our PDF files using Google Chrome, and print directly from there. (Other PDF software may or may not print as reliably as these 3 options for our files.)
Unzipping’ Bundled Files:
Some files, especially our ‘bundles’ are in zipped folders to make them compact and easier to transfer. To unzip these you can download a free program HERE
‘Online & On-Device’ teaching resources:
Our ‘online’ and ‘on-device’ teaching resources, such as tutorials, slideshows, digital music sight reading flashcards, and online/digital games, will be saved directly to your Google Drive, ready for you to use whenever needed.
We especially appreciate 5 star ratings, so if you purchase this product and have any concerns that may lower your rating, please contact us and we will endeavour to rectify any problem!
If you have any questions, please check the FAQ’s at the bottom of our HOME page. If your question is not answered there, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – Thank you.