Turn your students into SUPER SIGHT readers – Help them master intervallic sight reading with FUN & games!
The intervallic sight reading approach trains students to read music like a road map. It teaches them to recognise the music’s direction and distance at a glance – a much quicker way to read music! ‘Seaworthy Sight Reading’ Slap Cards make sight reading drill fun, thereby helping students become adept at reading note pitch patterns. What an easy and fun way to build sight reading fluency and confidence!
Of course, mastering sight reading also requires lots of practice with fresh material. These engaging ‘SLAP’ Cards give you a big bundle of fresh, new material for ongoing repetition without boredom! This comprehensive set includes 144 pitch pattern cards, of varying difficulty, in six sequential levels. (For even more variety, students love the quirkiness of reading them backwards too…!)
The ‘Seaworthy Sight Reading’ bundle – Custom-made resources for easy, sequential learning:
- Each of the six individual levels contains 24 cards, with both treble and bass staff, giving plenty of practice and revision in intervallic reading
- Each successive level throws a new interval into the mix, allowing students to progress comfortably, while still extending their sight reading ability.
- In addition to this, the final set revises and tests understanding and sight reading of note patterns with ALL intervals up to an octave. A great way to revise and test student learning & retention…and they think it’s just a game!
- FOUR pirate-themed sight reading ‘Quick Tricks’ posters, giving you a bundle of visual tools for easy teaching. Get all the tips and tricks you need to teach and revise important sight reading strategies, including leger lines. Each poster is printable in THREE sizes, from larger sizes for studio wall display right through to postcard size to use as a student handout.
Challenge your students to complete ALL six levels to become an INTERVAL WIZARD!
Take a look through the complete set:
Do you need good resources to help students EASILY understand Intervallic Sight Reading strategies? No problem, we’ve got you covered, with our sight reading posters!
The ‘Seaworthy Sight Reading’ 4 poster set (with pirate theme) teaches four essential sight reading strategies, helping students understand each of the steps required to build good sight reading skills.
The ‘Music Intervals Poster Pair’ Set (with the Cat & Dog theme) explains intervals by both number and quality – useful for both sight reading AND music theory!
Each set includes these posters in multiple sizes – You can use the larger sizes for wall display, and the smaller postcard-sized ones to send home with students to decorate their practice space, and give them an ongoing reminder of the best sight reading habits. You can banish your students’ sight reading struggles with these simple but comprehensive teaching tools!
BOTH these poster sets are included in our ‘Big Bundle’ purchase option!
Purchase Options explained:
- ‘Get the LOT’ Big Bundle – Includes ALL six levels of sight reading ‘slap’ cards AND all the posters shown here. This bundle is great value giving you lots of sight reading teaching resources and saving you 15%. Printing, set-up and game playing instructions all included.
- The Complete Set includes: All SIX levels of the ‘Seaworthy Sight Reading SLAP Cards’ – 144 cards in total, on 24 pages. Printing, set-up and game playing instructions all included.
- The ‘Seaworthy Sight Reading’ 4 poster set – The four poster set, with pirate theme, shown above.
- The ‘Music Intervals Poster Pair’ set – The two-poster set, with cat & dog theme, shown above.
The ‘Seaworthy Sight Reading’ Flashcards & Posters bundle is also found in the MuZikaalia Resources Pack:
If you like helping students streamline their sight reading and music theory, check out our Interval Posters Set!
All our materials are available immediately, by digital download, from your customer account dashboard. And don‘t forget, we maintain all your ’88 Musical Keys’ resources, in your own private, Customer Dashboard…for free. Purchase once, and you can download, print and use it ANY time – including any file upgrades we add!
Licensing – For great value, all options here include a Single Teacher Studio License:
You may print 88 Musical Keys activities, games, music, cards and posters for all the students you teach directly and personally, for your lifetime! (Music schools with multiple teachers will need to purchase a copy for each teacher using this material, of course. Contact us if you need a ‘multiple teacher’ license.)
How to Download:
We recommend downloading these resources using a computer (rather than a phone or other device) to make it quick and easy, and a hard-wired internet connection will make it faster, of course. Print it yourself, or take it to a print shop. In either case, the PDF files are set up ready to print on both sides of the page, giving the flashcards, games, worksheet activities and kits a professional presentation. Printing and playing instructions for all resources are included!
All our download files are in PDF format, ready to save, print and use. When printing, we recommend using either Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) PDF software, or ‘Nitro PRO’ software, to open & print our PDF resources. You can also open our PDF files using Google Chrome, and print directly from there. (Other PDF software may or may not print as reliably as these 3 options for our files.)
Unzipping’ Bundled Files:
Some files, especially our ‘bundles’ are in zipped folders to make them compact and easier to transfer. To unzip these you can download a free program HERE
‘Online & On-Device’ teaching resources:
Our ‘online’ and ‘on-device’ teaching resources, such as tutorials, slideshows and online/digital games, will be saved directly to your Google Drive, ready for you to use whenever needed.
We especially appreciate 5 star ratings, so if you purchase this product and have any concerns that may lower your rating, please contact us and we will endeavour to rectify any problem!
If you have any questions, please check the FAQ’s at the bottom of our HOME page. If your question is not answered there, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – Thank you!