Enjoy the fun of holiday piano music in the lead up to Christmas, while teaching students the valuable skill of how to create a chord-based left hand accompaniment! Students will enjoy learning how chords are formed and rearranged to fit under the hand. They will learn how to arrange chords into an accompaniment pattern, and how to read a lead-sheet. This set also includes a boogie style piano solo – ‘Jingle Bells Boogie’ – full of fun and ready to play!
Improvising and writing a musical accompaniment is a cool way to help students understand and master basic chords. This late elementary/intermediate improvisation activity is pedagogically sound, with lots of musical fun!
Students will love:
- Playing around with chords and left hand patterns
- Learning primary triads in C major
- Learning how to ‘read’ a lead sheet
- Thinking creatively to make-up an accompaniment to a favorite Christmas song
- Learning more about 4/4 time and it’s basic pulse or ‘feel’
- Composing and writing a left hand accompaniment
- Suitable for students in the first two or three years of learning music
Flexible Use – Use it to teach chords and improvisation, use the worksheets to teach students basic left hand arranging, and use the fully finished ‘Jingle Bells Boogie’ piano solo sheet music as a fun party piece. Studio License included – print it for any students you teach directly!
Take a look through:
Purchase Options explained:
- The Complete Set includes: A step by step guide to using chords in C major and building left hand accompaniment patterns; a lead sheet for Jingle Bells (verse & chorus); and a music worksheet where students can notate the accompaniment they have composed. In addition to this activity kit, it ALSO includes the sheet music for ‘Jingle Bells Boogie’ – a fun piano solo for late elementary to intermediate students.
- Jingle Bells Activity Kit: a step by step guide to using chords in C major and building left hand accompaniment patterns; a lead sheet for Jingle Bells (verse & chorus); and a music worksheet where students can notate the accompaniment they composed. The activity kit is 5 pages in all.
- ‘Jingle Bells Boogie’ Sheet Music: A fun piano solo for late elementary to intermediate students – ready to print and play. The sheet music is two pages.
Great for late elementary to intermediate level
Looking for more FUN composition projects? You may like our ‘Irish Jig’ or ‘Celtic Blessing’ Sets!
Check out the ‘Irish Jig’ HERE
Check out ‘Celtic Blessing’ Improvisation HERE
We especially appreciate 5 star ratings, so if you purchase this product and have any concerns that may lower your rating, please contact us and we will endeavour to rectify any problem!
All our download files are in PDF format, ready to save, print and use. Some files, especially our ‘bundles’ are in zipped folders to make them compact and easier to transfer. To unzip files you can download a free program HERE Our ‘online’ and ‘on-device’ teaching resources, such as tutorials, slideshows and online/digital games, will be saved directly to your Google Drive. If you have any questions, please check the FAQ’s at the bottom of our HOME page. If your question is not there, you can email us directly at email@example.com Thank you!
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.
Leave a reply Cancel reply