A lyrical setting of a traditional Irish Blessing – Original Piano Sheet Music with an Improvisation Activity
Lyrics and music included – Available in TWO sheet music versions: One for intermediate students and one for early advanced students.
- It has a lyrical melodic line, and is set in the Aeolian mode, for a beautiful Celtic atmosphere.
- The overall form is ternary form, with an introduction and coda.
- The improvisation sections are made very accessible, with an outline and structure included. You can teach this ‘failsafe’ improvisation while still encouraging and inspiring creativity. The harmonic framework and improvisation suggestions make it easy for students to succeed at and enjoy improvising.
- Extend the improvisation component into a composition project and have students notate it on the staff provided, expanding their aural and theory skills.
- Helpful fingering suggestions are included in both versions.
- Use it as a ‘multi-level piece’ for a more advanced piano group classes
- Ideal seasonal piece for St Patrick’s Day
- Beautiful cover art, aimed to inspire students
What is the difference between the two versions?
The intermediate version uses a simple but satisfying left hand accompaniment pattern throughout, allowing students to concentrate on improvising freely with their right hand, while the early advanced version fills out the left hand accompaniment with added notes, providing more challenge and more harmonic ‘colour’. The two versions can work well together. You can also use the intermediate version first to let the student settle in with improvising, and then move them on to the harder version to extend their left hand capabilities.
This piece is in ternary form (both versions). Part A contains a piano solo set to a traditional Irish Blessing, and the middle section focuses on improvising a melody over a given bass line, with part A then returning on the last page. There is also an introduction and coda, allowing a little more improvisation.
Both versions have an option for a Studio Licence which is fantastic value as you can use them for as many students as you directly teach, for your whole teaching career!
Take a look through the Intermediate version:
Take a look through the early Advanced version:
Get the Set – Includes both versions, with Studio Licence – Save 20%
OR – Buy either version singly – Each one has the option of either a ‘Single Student’ or ‘Studio’ Licence
Looking to teach your students more fun, effective and efficient practice habits? You may like our ‘Bag of Practice Tricks! Check it out HERE
We especially appreciate 5 star ratings, so if you purchase this product and have any concerns that may lower your rating, please contact us and we will endeavour to rectify any problem!
All our download files are in PDF format, ready to save, print and use. Some files, especially our ‘bundles’ are in zipped folders to make them compact and easier to transfer. To unzip files you can download a free program HERE Our ‘online’ and ‘on-device’ teaching resources, such as tutorials, slideshows and online/digital games, will be saved directly to your Google Drive. If you have any questions, please check the FAQ’s at the bottom of our HOME page. If your question is not there, you can email us directly at email@example.com Thank you!