Ear training intervals can be lots of fun – especially with a music game! A fun and effective way to introduce students to identifying intervals by ear. Teach, revise & reinforce these aural perception concepts with fun and giggles!
Ideal for one-on-one lessons, this game uses fun songs to demonstrate each interval, and to help students memorise the sound of each interval. Teach the intervals and song excerpt prompts to the students, using the included song ‘prompt’ sheet which matches each game board/level.
With EIGHT different game boards, you have eight different levels of difficulty, so you can choose which intervals you want to include each time your students play this game: Easy – Intermediate – Advanced
Why do students need to learn Aural interval recognition?
Aural recognition of intervals helps to improve sight singing, and audiation skills.
Aurally identifying intervals is required in many instrumental exams, and Musicianship/Music Craft exams:
- Many school music courses require interval recognition, or aural melodic dictation work, especially in senior school.
- Australian Music Exam Board (AMEB) instrumental & vocal exams have an aural section which requires aural interval recognition for grades 3, 4. 5 & 6.
- AMEB Musicianship exams require aural interval recognition for grades 4, 5 & 6.
- Trinity College instrumental/vocal exams test aural interval recognition in grades 3 & 4
- Being able to easily recognise intervals by ear will help students gain ability as musicians, and improve their song writing, sight singing, composition, melody dictation, and playing by ear skills, just to name a few.
Although this game is intended to be used with teacher and pupil in an individual lesson, it could also be used with an older student taking the teachers’ role in a practice session or group class. Distance Learning? This game is IDEAL for Skype or Zoom type online lessons!
Looking for other material to teach and reinforce aural interval recognition? Check out Name that Song! Our interval board game for 2 to 6 players – an excellent resource for music classes.
Teach written interval recognition with our Interval Detective Game HERE Improves musical interval understanding and intervallic sight reading.
Purchase once and print it forever, to use with all the students that you teach personally. (Studios with multiple teachers will need to buy a digital copy for each teacher.)
We especially appreciate 5 star ratings, so if you purchase this product and have any concerns that may lower your rating, please contact us and we will endeavour to rectify any problem.