Do your students find ear training tedious or baffling? Well surprise them with this fun, comprehensive interval ear training game!
Strengthen aural pitch perception skills with a cute and catchy music game! With plenty of repetition for ear training ALL 24 intervals from the major, minor and chromatic scales, it includes both ascending and descending patterns. Flexible game style covers intervals from elementary to advanced levels. Select the intervals you want target, and as students progress, add in more…and more. What a fun way to do ear training!
Items Included here:
- The A2 size Board Game – great fun for group class! The game board is also included as an optional A4 poster pdf file, in case you can’t print A2 size.
- 3 sets of Interval Playing Cards – this allows you to make the game easier or harder depending on the students’ level.
- 3 sets of Student Reference Cards – matching the three levels of play above.
- 6 Cartoon Player Tokens for students to use, to move around the game board.
- Game Rules & Teacher Info – All the prep is done – Download, print and PLAY!
- Each game element is in a separate PDF file, and is set up to make printing easy.
- Graphic design is bright and colourful – Engages kids curiosity.
- The songs used here are classics – often familiar and easy to learn & remember.
- Make it Simple or more Challenging – Choose which intervals you want to focus on. Ideal for a range of abilities.
- Teacher info and game instructions all included, to help you set it up & teach the material easily
- The game covers all 24 intervals found in Western chromatic harmony. Both ascending and descending directions are included, in the various levels.
- Use it in either a group class or a private lesson – It can be played with 2 to 6 players, or between a teacher and single student.
- Handouts – This game includes a set of student reference aural interval ‘reminder’ cards that you can print out and give to your students.
- Ready to go – Just download, print and play!
This is a sneaky and fun way to help students learn & revise their aural intervals – great for test prep! It builds on our Aural Interval Recognition – Recognising Intervals with Songs sheet, which we have also included in this package. Each of the 24 intervals from major, minor & chromatic scales (both up & down), is related to a song, to make it easy & fun for students to remember.
Take a Look Inside this Ear Training Game:
Being able to confidently recognise intervals by ear will help students gain confidence as musicians. It will improve their song writing, sight singing, composition, melody dictation, and playing-by-ear skills.
Studio Licensed: Purchase once and print it for life, to use with all the students that you teach personally. (Studios with multiple teachers will need to buy a digital copy for each teacher.)
Need an easy way to help students remember how to name intervals? Check out our ‘Know Your Intervals’ Poster Set!
Teach students how to name intervals, and also find them on the keyboard – Great for Keyboard Geography and Music Theory!
All our materials are available immediately, by digital download, from your customer account dashboard. And don‘t forget, we maintain all your ’88 Musical Keys’ resources, in your own private, Customer Dashboard…for free. Purchase once, and you can download, print and use it ANY time – including any file upgrades we add!
Licensing – For great value, this set includes a ‘Single Teacher Studio License’:
With our ‘Studio License’ resources you may print 88 Musical Keys activities, games, music, cards, music practice resources, and posters for all the students you teach directly and personally, for your lifetime! (Music schools with multiple teachers will need to purchase a copy for each teacher using this material, of course. Contact us if you need a ‘multiple teacher’ license.)
How to Download:
We recommend downloading these resources using a computer (rather than a phone or other device) to make it quick and easy. And a hard-wired internet connection will make it faster, of course. Print it yourself, or take it to a print shop. PDF files are set up ready to print on both sides of the page, giving the flashcards, games, worksheet activities and kits a professional presentation. Printing and playing instructions for all resources are included!
All our download files are in PDF format, ready to save, print and use. We recommend using either Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) PDF software, or ‘Nitro PRO’ software, to open & print our PDF resources. You can also open our PDF files using Google Chrome, and print directly from there. (Other PDF software may or may not print as reliably as these 3 options for our files.)
Unzipping’ Bundled Files:
Some files, especially our ‘bundles’ are in zipped folders to make them compact and easier to transfer. To unzip these download a free program HERE
‘Online & On-Device’ teaching resources:
Our ‘online’ and ‘on-device’ teaching resources, such as tutorials, slideshows, digital music sight reading flashcards, and online/digital games, will be saved directly to your Google Drive, ready for you to use whenever needed.
We especially appreciate 5 star ratings, so if you purchase this product and have any concerns that may lower your rating, please contact us and we will endeavour to rectify any problem!
If you have any questions, please check the FAQ’s at the bottom of our HOME page. If your question is not answered there, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – Thank you.