Have you ever wished that your students would just go home and practice? And that they would just know how to go about that practice, without using up valuable lesson time explaining it again? Then this book may be for you!
Full of helpful, accessible practice strategies gleaned from years of private music teaching. The concise, colourful, fun, kid-friendly layout allows students to quickly get practice help to make the best use of those six days in between their music lessons! Teachers can implement the book’s learning strategies in lessons, to support and reinforce its use at home.
- 43+ efficient and fun Practice Tricks to make mid-week practice more effective – These practice ‘tricks’ are like games we play with our pieces!
- Including 11 BOREDOM BUSTING Practice Tricks specifically for technical work!
- The kid-friendly design is intended to entice students to engage & achieve – Bright colours & cartoon pictures support the text throughout
- ‘Tricks’ for all stages of learning, from starting a new piece, through deep learning, polishing and performing
- Fosters healthy meta-cognitive learning
- Makes professional practice strategies accessible to students, in a fun way
- Gives even non-musical parents way of helping at home, if needed
Suitable for students from late elementary right through to advanced grades – many of these tricks can be used and combined in different ways, making them very versatile.
Take a look through some sample pages…
Print it yourself, or take it to a stationery shop – printing cost may be passed on to your students. When printed & assembled this is an A5 booklet containing 36 pages (including cover). We have designed it in a ready-to-print format – The PDF file prints on A4 paper, in landscape direction, double sided, making it more cost effective for you to print. (To print on letter paper, click ‘fit to size’ in your printer settings.) Printing & assembly instructions are all included.
Great for distance learning via Skype or Zoom type lessons – helps students to problem-solve their own practice issues midweek, between lessons. These practice tricks are good for many instruments, but especially useful for piano.
See an independent music teacher’s review of our Practice Book set:
You may also like these free Music Practice To-Do Lists – they work well alongside these books!
‘One Student Only’ Option – Parents can use this option to download, print and use it for their own child. Neither the files nor the printed book may be given to anyone else.
‘Single Teacher – Studio Licence‘ – Buy this unique book of practice tricks, and print it for all your own regular students, that you teach directly and personally, for life. The printed books themselves may not be sold, but the actual cost of printing cost may be passed on to the student (product files may never be shared with students, or anyone else). Music school with multiple teachers will need to buy one digital copy per teacher.