Do your students sometimes get bored with their music practice? Well you can switch them on again with a music Practice Game! This simple and effective practice game helps students get used to starting anywhere in their pieces. The ‘Star Starts’ games are a fun way to improve both fluency and confidence.
This music practice game is available in three versions or themes – Select which graphics you prefer, or get all three versions and let students choose their favourite set to use. And with three sets of graphics, you can challenge intermediate and advancing students with lots and lots of different start points. A great way to build confident, secure pieces and performers!.
In each version you get a set of double sided cards ready to print & cut out, and the game instructions. Pair it with a packet of stickers, and use this game in lesson time, to get your students started. And the studio license allows you to print a copy for each student and even send it home with them to use through the week!
‘Star Starts’ teaches students how to practice SMARTER not just harder:
- Starting in lots of different places is one of the BEST ways to improve a piece quickly.
- This fun graphics & card game approach helps you break a student’s habit of starting at the beginning.
- Younger children love the cute ‘Star’ and ‘Smiley’ graphics – a great tool to teach even elementary level students the value of SMART practice!
- Use the ‘Odd Spots’ game version for older students who don’t want to be ‘babied’ but still really need to polish their pieces with some random start points.
- The ‘Complete Set’ option is great for those who teach intermediate and advancing students – With all the ‘Star’ cards, ‘Smile’ cards and ‘Spot’ cards longer pieces can easily be broken down into a multitude of short sections for easy learning…and make practice feel like a lot more fun!
Our students love this game, and know that it is one of the best things to practice at home, to get their pieces improving quickly, and sounding awesome! It’s also a great way to boost confidence, and ESPECIALLY useful before recitals and exams.
This game is an easy way to enhance your online and hybrid teaching also – And it’s a great way to help students problem-solve their own practice issues in the week between lessons.
Take a look through:
Flexible Purchase Options summary:
- ‘Star Starts’ – Complete Set – Includes all 3 versions: ‘Star Starts’, ‘Smile Starts’ & ‘Odd Spots’ with a discount of 20%. This bundle is great value giving you lots of options, and appealing to a wide range of ages. Printing, set-up & game instructions included for each version.
- ‘Star Starts’ Practice Game – gives you the Star Starts game only. Printing, set-up & game instructions included.
- ‘Smile Starts’ Practice Game – gives you the Smile Starts version only. Great for younger students. Printing, set-up & game instructions included.
- ‘Odd Spots’ Practice Game – gives you the Odd Spots version only. Great for older students. Printing, set-up & game instructions included.
STUDIO LICENSED – Purchase these music practice cards once and print and play for life, to use with all the students that you teach personally! You may print these music practice cards for every student that you teach directly and personally. Although you may not sell these products, you are welcome to pass on the actual printing costs to your students. Music schools and studios with multiple teachers must buy a digital copy/studio license for each teacher using these resources.
For MORE great practice ideas, check out our Practice Kit: My Bag of Practice Tricks Help your students Practice Smarter… Not Harder!
All our materials are available immediately, by digital download, from your customer account dashboard. And don‘t forget, we maintain all your ’88 Musical Keys’ resources, in your own private, Customer Dashboard…for free. Purchase once, and you can download, print and use it ANY time – including any file upgrades we add!
Licensing – For great value, this set includes a ‘Single Teacher Studio License’:
With our ‘Studio License’ resources you may print 88 Musical Keys activities, games, music, cards, music practice resources, and posters for all the students you teach directly and personally, for your lifetime! (Music schools with multiple teachers will need to purchase a copy for each teacher using this material, of course. Contact us if you need a ‘multiple teacher’ license.)
How to Download:
We recommend downloading these resources using a computer (rather than a phone or other device) to make it quick and easy, and a hard-wired internet connection will make it faster, of course. Print it yourself, or take it to a print shop. In either case, the PDF files are set up ready to print on both sides of the page, giving the flashcards, games, worksheet activities and kits a professional presentation. Printing and playing instructions for all resources are included!
All our download files are in PDF format, ready to save, print and use. When printing, we recommend using either Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) PDF software, or ‘Nitro PRO’ software, to open & print our PDF resources. You can also open our PDF files using Google Chrome, and print directly from there. (Other PDF software may or may not print as reliably as these 3 options for our files.)
Unzipping’ Bundled Files:
Some files, especially our ‘bundles’ are in zipped folders to make them compact and easier to transfer. To unzip these you can download a free program HERE
‘Online & On-Device’ teaching resources:
Our ‘online’ and ‘on-device’ teaching resources, such as tutorials, slideshows, digital music sight reading flashcards, and online/digital games, will be saved directly to your Google Drive, ready for you to use whenever needed.
We especially appreciate 5 star ratings, so if you purchase this product and have any concerns that may lower your rating, please contact us and we will endeavour to rectify any problem!
If you have any questions, please check the FAQ’s at the bottom of our HOME page. If your question is not answered there, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – Thank you.