Give your students a boost with their practice skills – Improve both effectiveness and enthusiasm in practice time! These three ‘practice games’ help students overcome three major hurdles in learning piano: performance, scales, and fluency. What a helpful little practice kit!
This bundle includes ‘Recital Shakedown’, the ‘Scales Lucky Dip’ and the ‘Star Starts’ practice game:
The ‘Recital Shakedown’ Game:
Help your students get rid of those pesky performance nerves – Loosen things up with this fun performance game! This cool piano performance game is especially designed to help students develop focus and real performance skills.
Play it in a group class to help students realise that they are not alone in facing their nerves! Even better, why not hold a ‘Piano Party’ class as part of your recital preparations? Of course, you can also print extras as ‘party favours’ and send them home for students to use as a piano practice game!
- Great for a Group Class or Piano Party! Printing & set-up instructions and Game Rules are all included – Makes it easy to use in your group classes.
- Play the game in individual lessons! Use it to create a memorable piano lesson with just teacher and student during lesson time. A second set of instructions are also included for how to play the game one-on-one.
- Tackling these quirky challenges helps students improve focus skills and strengthens their ability to ignore distractions while playing.
- The engaging artwork makes it feel like a ‘real’ music game. It includes 50 challenge cards, issuing a multitude of fun ‘performance challenges’.
- Useful for both In person AND Online lessons! A great way to have some fun with ‘performance practice’ online. Use it to help you run an online Zoom ‘performance class’ when face-to-face classes are not possible.
- Game rules for TWO playing versions INCLUDED to make performance fun:
Take a look through the ‘Recital Shakedown’ Game kit:
The ‘Lucky Dip’ Scales Game
No need for piano scales to be BORING or stressful – This game gives you a quick and easy way to randomise scales, tweak scales practice tricks, and help students become fluent and confident with scales!
- 48 major and minor scales ‘tickets’ – including all three types of minor scales: harmonic, melodic, and natural minor.
- Has a multitude of scale ‘direction’ tickets – bringing lots of variety to scales practice – a great way to polish up scales before an exam.
- Editable template – Use this to customise both the red ‘instruction’ tickets AND the blue ‘names’ tickets, for more fun & variety… Or to match your exam syllabus, for those students doing exams.
- Easy to set up – Includes all printing and playing instructions, & a score card so students can see their improvements over time.
- Use the game in ONE-ON-ONE lessons & then send it home with students to use in practice time at home. It’s also great to use in a GROUP CLASS – let each student focus on their own personal set of scales while competing to achieve a high score!
- Customise the game to match each students current level – suitable from elementary to advanced.
- Great to use for exam prep – help students prepare for the random aspect of testing technical work in an exam.
- Ideal for Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced levels
- This game can even be customised for other instruments!
Take a look through the ‘Lucky Dip’ Game kit:
Don’t delay – Get your students scales on track today!
The ‘Star Starts!’ Music Practice Game:
Do your students ever get bored with practice, and switch on auto-pilot? Well you can show them how to switch on again with the ‘Star Starts’ game – No need for ‘auto-pilot’ practice to continue embedding mistakes!
This simple little practice game challenges students to become accustomed to starting anywhere in their pieces. With three sets of graphics, students can choose their favourites. Combine all three sets to challenge intermediate and advancing students with lots and LOTS of different start points. A great way to build secure pieces – ideal for exam and competition prep. What a fun way to improve both fluency and confidence!
All three sets are included here – each one contains a set of double sided cards ready to print & cut out, and the game instructions. Pair theses ‘start cards’ with a packet of matching stickers, and use this game in lesson time, to get your students started. And of course, the studio license allows you to print a game copy for each student and send it home with them to use through the week!
- A simple and effective game to get students used to starting anywhere in a piece comfortably!
- Picking up in different places is one of the greatest ways to improve a piece quickly
- The ‘card game’ approach, with FUN graphics, helps you break students’ habits of starting at the beginning.
- A great tool to enhance online and hybrid teaching too – And it’s an easy way to help students problem-solve their own practice issues in the week between lesson.
- Younger children love the cute Smiley Card graphics – You can teach even elementary level students the value of SMART practice!
- Use the ‘Odd Spots’ game version for older students who don’t want to be ‘babied’ but still really need to polish their pieces with some random start points
- The ‘Complete Set’ option is great for those who teach intermediate and advancing students – With all the Star cards, Smile cards and Spot cards longer pieces can easily be broken down into a multitude of short sections for easy learning, and make it feel like a lot more fun!
Students love this game, and love how it gets their pieces improving quickly, and sounding awesome! A great way to boost confidence, and ESPECIALLY useful before recitals and exams!
Take a look through the ‘Star Starts’ Game set:
All three Practice Games are Available Immediately, with Studio License – Ready to Print & Play today!
Printing – These theory flashcards and games are ready to download and print. Print them yourself – all the printing instructions are included – Or take it to a print shop if you prefer. These PDF files are set up ready to print on both sides of the flash cards. All playing instructions are included, to keep it user-friendly!
Single Teacher Studio License – You may print this game for all the students you teach directly and personally, for life. Music schools with multiple teachers will need to purchase a copy for each teacher using this material.
Note – These games are also available in other ‘practice bundles’ combinations:
We especially appreciate 5 star ratings, so if you purchase this product and have any concerns that may lower your rating, please contact us and we will endeavour to rectify any problem!
All our download files are in PDF format, ready to save, print and use. Some files, especially our ‘bundles’ are in zipped folders to make them compact and easier to transfer. To unzip files you can download a free program HERE Our ‘online’ and ‘on-device’ teaching resources, such as tutorials, slideshows and online/digital games, will be saved directly to your Google Drive. If you have any questions, please check the FAQ’s at the bottom of our HOME page. If your question is not there, you can email us directly at email@example.com Thank you!